Monday, September 19, 2016

McCall's Patterns for Skipper - Advertised in Barbie Magazine

I've been meaning to do a giant post about how the various pattern companies encouraged young girls to sew for their dolls, and especially their Barbies for a long time!

Unfortunately, that post is still a while away, but I thought you might enjoy seeing these advertisements for McCall's patterns I found in 1960s Barbie Magazines.



I didn't realize this one was a McCall's ad until I looked at the small print.  Mattel licensed both with Advance and with McCall's to produce sewing patterns for Barbie, Ken, and Skipper and their friends.  These patterns are all very accurate and fit the dolls very well.  This one is specifically advertising a Skipper-only pattern, McCall's 7716.


This one has the patterns pictured at the bottom.  McCall's 7480, 7428, 7429, 7430, 7431.

More about sewing for Barbie & her friends later! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment